Monday, May 25, 2009

Current Affairs

Today I got a phone call and my friend said something no one wants to hear, 'You were on Today Tonight'. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I actually felt nauseous, instantly. I wondered what terrible thing I had done to get me on a current affairs show? And then, what terrible thing did they find out about? I didn't even get around to wondering why they would care what I do. 

Turns out I was accidentally standing next to the star of a movie that I went to the opening of, I wasn't even invited I was just a plus one. She was wearing black and smiling for the camera, I was talking to someone and wearing a really bright scarf, not just red but fire engine red, and apparently me and my scarf were distracting. It could have been a lot worse. Even though I appeared on one of the world's most sleazy television shows, I only feel slightly unclean.

No comments:

Post a Comment